Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Great Danes


He likes to cuddle

He likes to give kisses


Zeuz


Boaz

So, for the past week I have been dog sitting for these amazing dogs. Let me just begin by telling you "I am NOT a dog person!" I can live without the slobber and the shedding hair. I can live without the greasy hair and the wet noses in my face. I can also live without the smelly farts. But these dogs have been so incredible! GREAT DANES

Boaz is the dad. He is smaller than his son (about 130 lbs) and a lot more mellow. His eyes are old but so gentle. He loves to cuddle. On Sunday night I was laying in the recliner watching TV and Boaz put his front paws on the end of the recliner and walked himself right up next to me. I looked like i was sitting next to a horse!

Zeuz is the son. He has a body that is really built (150 lbs) and his eyes droop a little bit. He looks sad but is always playful. When I was brushing both of them today, Zeuz took his nose and nudged me because I apparently was not giving him enough attention.

So when I am by myself, in this big empty house, I don't feel so lonely and scared of the dark. I have two great big dogs taking care of me!

Living by myself has been a nice experience. I love hosting, but I love coming home to someone waiting for me. I don't think I will ever live by myself. I appreciate the company and feel much safer and loved when I am with people.

However, the things I have learned is a blessing, such as: Cleaning the house and keeping it tidy, going grocery shopping on a budget, taking care of two animals (somewhat like a baby), being a happy and gracious hostess or servant.

1 comment: