Saturday, May 1, 2010

Finding the Lords Goodness in Everyday


Today I spent time with an amazing person. Lori Talbot. She spent two hours with me just listening. Listening to my problems and hopes. She gave me advice and thoughts on what she would do and she shared with me her heart. She also challenged me to do something.

Everyday I am to look for the good. Find what the Lord has blessed me with. I think this is a great way for me to think less about the negative and more on the positive.I think that people can sometimes dwell on their problems and discredit the blessings under their noses. Sadly, I have been doing this often.

So for today my blessed moments were with two people.

1. Lori listened and encouraged me. She shared her tender heart and told me she would pray for me and my family. Not just pray when she thought of me but sacrificial prayer.

I am so happy that she is a part of my life because she is such a great example of the Proverbs 31 woman.

She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
Proverbs 31:25-26

2. Last semester, I interviewed a man from a seminary in Orchard Lake. His name is Lukasz /wukash/ it means Luke in English. He is leaving for California to continue his training in seminary, so he and I had coffee. I learned a lot about him during my interview, but today I learned more about his heart. He has such a passion for serving the Lord and keeping his ministry for Christ. And he is really sweet. He bought me two drinks at Caribou and a ginormous bar of milk chocolate. For someone who is going to live a celibate life he sure knows how a girl likes to be treated.

So for me our time together was wonderful. I thought that I was going to spend my night by myself, but we spent five hours talking. I loved it. He loves talking about his family and he loves talking about what he will do for God even more.

I think spending time with him helped me be thankful for my family. He has not seen his family in a year and he is waiting another year before he goes home to visit again. Two years without my family or a familiar home is difficult. The most amazing thing about his heart though is his faith. He trust God for what is going to happen in California. He has no idea what will happen but he is faithful.

Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."
Matthew 21:21-22

Today was a wonderful day filled with friendship, just what my heart needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment