Saturday, August 7, 2010

Taking My Mind Off SomeThings By Sewing

When I was in third grade my mom was teaching me my times tables. I was having a very difficult time. She thought it would help me if she gave me an incentive: A brand new sewing machine. Once I learned 1x1 to 12x12 I earned it! I made my first pair of coolots and a matching scrunchy. Oh it makes me cringe what I wore and made, but
in anyway I made them all on my own (With moms help of course).

Well with spending a lot of alone time this week, I am trying to distract myself from many things. I decided to make a cell phone case for my new iphone. I kept looking on line for patterns and I went to Joannes to find a very pretty fabric. This is what I came up with.

The inspiration

There is a pocket in the front of the
case for my headphones.

I bought this button with in a pack of four for only $ 0.25!


I hand sewed the button hole, which I have to say
I am the most proud of, I think!


I am really excited I finished this project. I hope that I can make another case with the other pretty fabrics too!

1 comment: