Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Woman's Heart


In honor of an emotionally draining week, I have decided it was a perfect moment to search for the beauty in the pain I feel or at least see beauty in what the Lord has helped me understand. What good am I to his calling if I can not come out on top of my struggles with learning and being blessed by them.

I was reading Thriving Family by the Focus on the Family organization, and I came across an article called Bringing Up Girls by Dr. Dobson. He really is an amazing man of God, and his words. that are given to him entirely from the Lord, inspire me very much. He wrote about the heart of a little girl and how her heart should be treated by her father, her brother, her husband, by her mother, and by those who have a relationship with her.

If you want to know a piece of my heart, I would like you to know my love for words. I think that God gave me this passion for them to feel His love more and more everytime I read or hear a specific word.

I think these words are a beautiful description of a girls heart and they have made me truly thankful for his captivating glory.

Delightful Unique Captivating Sensitive Tender Charming Soft Nurturing Compassionate Gentle Caring Wonderful Confident Beautiful Radiant Peaceful Precious Pure Blessed Diligent Joyful Fascinated Elegant Meek Adorned

So many words that describes what a girl should always feel. However, because of sin it is sadly replaced with pain. What a glorious God to have given us the healing for this wound though. Thank you Jesus for giving me the things that I long for.

Girls, my heart goes out to you, if you feel pain or shame. The Lord has forgiven us seven times over, and he wants to heal our broken heart. Let him be this for you, and know you are all of these words above. NO ONE can EVER take these true characters away from you, no matter the condition of your heart in sin or no sin. You need to believe in the grace you have been given and then believe that these things are true about you, You are AMAZING.

We are priceless gifts that need to be protected and treated delicately:

"Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies." Proverbs 31:10

1 comment: