Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Lord Longs to be Gracious!




It has been over a year. i have moved on to newer places and better conditions. In the beginning of August, I left my home in White Lake for a closer commute to school in Ypsilanti. The process in getting here were months in planning, emotional for relationships, but adventurous in every way!

I was blessed by God to have found two amazing women to share my adventure with, Jenny and Leah. These beautiful ladies have been at my side to cry when my heart was aching, laugh hysterically until my sides were so tight i couldn't move, and talk till our eyes couldn't stay open any longer. I have also been blessed and humbled by my imperfections. I now understand why many people feel the need to live with someone before they get married. You don't know what you will get until you live with them. Well for me, i was used to asking for things and sharing my space and being open about most personal business. However, i learned quickly not everyone was like that, and that i am controlling and over protective. I have had to fight with my thoughts that it was or wasn't angering or even hurting them. I'm gaining a better understanding of our personalities and how they need to work together to live with one another.

It's only been a month since we have been together and yet we have grown so close. They have been a inspiration and an encouragement in many ways!

Along with the excitement of moving, I had the pleasure of going to several weddings, 6 to be exact! It was an incredible summer and I call it the summer of commitment. I learned about marriage and the true meaning, I learned about waiting, i learned about friendship and being a maid of honor but I think learning about "waiting" was the biggest theme in my heart this summer.

I have been struggling for a long while now, seeing many of my high school friends get married, have babies. The babies, I believe, I can wait for, NO PROBLEMS, but the engagements are what keeps getting to my heart and stinging the wounds.

I saw so many young couple weddings, but there was one that made me step back and reflect. It was a women, whom I respect and cherish greatly! She waited patiently, and sometimes painfully, for God to guide her towards the time of life she would marry. This summer was that moment I watched her, from a distance, become giddy and melt into the arms of her husband.

I saw them kiss, and I saw them hug, I saw them look into each others eyes playfully, and I saw them dance. When I saw them dancing, i saw so many delights. They danced as if no one was watching them and they held each other tightly. God revealed to me their patience and the blessings that come from it, true delight in one another and devotion that is too difficult to break.

I am confident the Lord will reveal the time for me, but until then my heart is his. I will devote myself to his word, and delight in his plan.

Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for Him! ~Isaiah 30:18

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful reminder! I feel like I'm in the same boat of waiting. It's always good to be reminded to make this time of singleness, a time to be even more focused on God. I pray that one day God does bring that right man into your life who holds the key to the garden of your heart. I hope that for myself and many other amazing single women I know. I love the title of your blog!

    ReplyDelete